DSV Is Hiring
Job Type : Receptionist
Location : Kempton Park
Contact your Human Resource representative if you are currently employed by DSV and are interested in applying for a position in another country.
They will be able to provide you with information regarding the application process and the requirements that must be met.
DSV was established in Denmark in 1976 on the basis of a collaboration between ten independent hauliers. In the time that has passed since then, DSV has developed into the third largest global supplier of solutions within the transportation and logistics industry.
Today, we add value to the entire supply chain of our customers by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing, and clearing all different kinds of goods. We ensure that there is a consistent supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores, and consumers all over the world by working every day from our numerous offices located in more than 80 countries. Although our presence is local and close to our customers, our reach extends across the entire world. T
In the vicinity of Kempton Park
There is a job opening for a receptionist.
This is a full-time position.
The primary objective of the role
Conduct operations on the telephone system in order to respond to all incoming calls, screen calls as required, and direct callers to the appropriate personnel.
Provides service to guests by greeting, welcoming, and directing them in the appropriate manner; notifies company personnel of the arrival of guests while ensuring that the appropriate safety precautions are taken.
THE DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES INVOLVED
It is required that you respond to all incoming calls within the first three rings, determine the reason for the call, and then transfer the call to the appropriate department or individual.
- Booking of boardrooms and updating calenders. (Taking into account the requirements for setup and/or refreshment)
Daily IVR checks are performed across all of the branches.
- The communication of any problems that are discovered through interactive voice response (IVR) or phone lines.
- Take in, organize, and disperse the employee’s internal mail.
- The evaluation of management calls and escalated issues, followed by their transfer to the appropriate department or individual.
- Provides a warm welcome to visitors who came to the location, ascertains the nature of the business, and communicates visitors to the appropriate personnel.
- Ensures that the visitors register is correctly filled out and that security is maintained by adhering to procedures
OTHER WORK TYPES
When necessary, they are responsible for performing additional clerical tasks such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
Additionally, they are responsible for ensuring that they comply with all audit requirements that are specific to their area.
Ensures that the reception area is kept clean and safe by adhering to all of the procedures, rules, and regulations that are in place.
Demands pertaining to the Position
A minimum of one year of experience working as a receptionist is required.
- Capable of working with Microsoft Applications and computers in general situations.
- The ability to communicate with customers in a manner that is both understanding and professional.
When interacting with customers or internal personnel, it is imperative that you respond in a professional manner and adhere to the appropriate call or email etiquette.
- The ability to behave professionally when dealing with irate customers
- A strong command of the English language, in addition to a command of at least one of the other eleven languages, would be an additional advantage.
- The level of computers’ literacy
- Experience and fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook, as well as Cisco or other relevant telephony systems
Credentials and qualifications
An advantage would be any administrative-related qualifications.
Please be aware that only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted due to the large number of applications that have been received.
If an external candidate does not hear from us within four (4) weeks of submitting their application, they should consider their application to have been unsuccessful.
Procedures for selection will be carried out in a manner that is both impartial and non-discriminatory.
Affirmative action (AA) measures are utilized in an effort to rectify the disadvantage
To the extent that it is feasible, preference will be given to candidates who come from the designated groups, as outlined in the Employment Equity Act and in accordance with the Employment Equity plans developed by DSV.
A vacancy may be postponed or closed at any time by DSV, which reserves the right to do so.