MIDVAAL Local Municipality Opportunities
Firefighters X17 on Temporary Contract
Reference Number: MN 3611/23
Where: South Africa, Gauteng
R 7 888.67 Per Month (R 94 664.00 Per Year for a Three-Year Contract)
Midvaal Local Municipality is the company’s name.
MIDVAAL Local Municipality extends an invitation to candidates who are suitably qualified to submit applications for the advertised vacancy.
Firefighters Requirements :
-At least Matric or an equivalent NQF 3 qualification, including Fire Fighter 1 and 2 and Hazmat Awareness.
– Prior completion of a Basic Ambulance Course or First Aid Level 3 that has been registered with the HPCSA is highly desirable.
– A Driver’s License with a Code C.
– Free from any physical or mental impairments that could prevent them from performing their assigned duties.
– Swimming ability is a pre-requisite.
Candidates should not have any phobias, such as claustrophobia or acrophobia, in order to be considered.
It will be to your advantage if you have previous experience or knowledge in the field of fire and rescue.
– Someone who is self-disciplined and puts in a lot of effort.
– Having at least three months of internship experience is highly desirable.
Firefighters ASSIGNED TASKS
-Complying with the Station Officer’s daily directives and other tasks as necessary.
– Present oneself at one’s place of employment.
– Inspections and tests performed on the machinery and vehicles.
– Cleaning of both the apparatus and the vehicles.
– Immediately informing the officer in charge of any malfunctions that may occur.
Contribute to the extinguishment of fires by going to the scene of incidents alongside senior personnel.
– Obeying the command while on the scene.
– Extinguishing fires in structures as well as those in grass and wild land.
– Both the prevention of property damage caused by fires and the operation of firefighting apparatus.
– Performing control room duties whenever they are called for.
– Any additional responsibilities that were assigned to him by his supervisor.
– Operation of a rescue.
APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS WHO ARE DISABLED ARE ENCOURAGED IN THIS CAUSE
THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS THE 29TH OF SEPTEMBER 2023