SACAP (South African Council For The Architectural Profession)
Posted 28 March 2023
Closing Date 04 April 2023
Company primary industry
Job functional area
Housekeeper Job Description
The South African College of Applied Psychology (SACAP) is the leading independent provider of education in psychology, counselling, and coaching in South Africa.
SACAP offers accredited undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications in these fields.
The Johannesburg Campus of SACAP is currently searching for a Housekeeper to join their team. The Housekeeper will be accountable for ensuring that the entire campus is kept in pristine condition.
This is a contract position that will last for six months.
The following are the responsibilities that will fall on the Housekeeper’s shoulders:
• Maintain all cleaning on campus, including the cleaning of outside areas such as balconies, in accordance with the guidelines provided.
• Once every term, or as indicated and specified by the Line Manager, perform a deep cleaning.
• To be able to assist with events that take place on campus, such as open days, orientation, psychology talks, coaching talks, and the festival of learning;
Being proactive entails the following steps:
• Determine whether or not there are any potential holes in housekeeping and operations. Able to identify damages
• Must have an understanding of how to make use of various chemicals and cleaning equipment in appropriate settings.
The Operations Coordinator will serve as the direct supervisor for this role.
Housekeeper Experience and other qualifications include:
• A Matriculation Certificate
• Three Years of Experience in Housekeeping
• Capable of working under pressure;
• Capable of interacting with people of all personality types;
• Excellent language skills;
• Time management;
• Attention to detail;
• Able to work with a diverse range of people;
• Able to work under pressure;
Characteristics of the individual include:
A warm personality;
Timing of Operations:
This is a full-time position with a contract lasting for six months, and the hours of operation are Monday through Friday*:
08:30 a.m. to 17:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday
On Friday, the hours are as follows: 07:30 a.m. to 16:00 p.m.
*Due to the nature of this role, there will be a need to work flexible hours to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to perform the duties of the position.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].