Toys R Us And Babies R Us South Africa
Cashier Job Opportunity
Bloemfontein, Free State
Posted 11 August 2023
Share this vacancy on Facebook
Share this vacancy on LinkedIn
Share this vacancy on Twitter
Cashier Job Details
Company primary industry
Job functional area
Retail Cashier Overview
Welcome to the awwwesome world of Toys R Us, where we want your children’s imaginations to run wild!
Toys R Us and Babies R Us are both well-known international brands. Toys R Us SA, also known as the “World’s Greatest Toy Stores,” currently has 60+ physical stores, two of which are in Namibia, Botswana, and Zambia, as well as an ALL NEW AWWWESOME online store.
The group’s primary goal is to provide customers, young and old, from children to grandparents, with an incredible range and experience that is complemented by great value! Are you a dynamic and passionate person who will ensure excellent customer satisfaction and store performance?
Then we need a Cashier, and we want you to be a part of our team!!
Cashier Job Objective:
To operate cash registers, process acceptable payment methods accurately, and resolve customer queries.
Cashier Key abilities required:
- Outstanding customer service abilities
- Time Management 3. Numeracy
- Adequate computer skills
Key Performance Indicators
- Providing AWESOME customer service in order to provide customers with a WOW experience
- Attend to each customer’s unique and individual shopping needs and always put the customer first
- Follow all basic customer service standards to ensure that customers receive prompt and efficient service
- Selling goods and, more importantly, upselling and providing services at the point of sale
- Prepare for the start of the day and accept all transactions in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Complying with all Merchandising and Housekeeping standards and schedules
- Operate cash registers and accept payments for goods purchased by customers.
- Examine returned goods and report to managers for appropriate action.
- Ensure that all POS on the sales floor is in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Prepare, implement, and maintain all advertised POS sales promotions
- Ensuring that goods are priced and displayed correctly at POS
- Taking part in stocktakes and stock counts
- Reduce stock losses as much as possible
- Reduce expenses in the area of responsibility
- Increase sales in all areas.
- Safeguard the assets of the company in the area of responsibility
Cashier Requirements for Admission
- Matriculation Certificate
- Six (6) months of retail experience
- Must have personal or reliable transportation to work shifts.
- To perform any other relevant duties as assigned by Senior Management.
- To complete all mandatory and service training as needed
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of all information
- Conducting regular appraisals and personal development reviews
- Accepting responsibility and accountability for adhering to current SOPs;
- Fully cooperating in the introduction of new technology and methods.